Sunday, October 18, 2009

Another Illustration

I'm on an illustration tear. Although most know me from my paintings illustration has always been a great love. In fact I enjoy teaching illustration more than painting. There is just something about having an external problem to solve and going through that process which is generally a lot different than what I go through with my personal work. This particular piece is in response to a discussion we had in class about cliches and whether or not to use them. Cliches are cliches because we overuse them. They are therefore very recognizable and familiar. Of course they can be abused and misused like anything else but if they are embraced we can personalize them and make them our own. I don't usually go out of my way to embrace cliches but in this case I did it for my guys. Using the big guy in a little house has definitely been done before but I put a twist on it to fit an article about men who develop a fear of going out resulting from erectile disfunction. So for my class here is big guy in little house cliche with my twist and the preliminary sketch.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it...Your work is amazing.