Friday, February 19, 2010

Bill and Dave Show

So here it is. As a reminder, my friend and I spent two and a half days living in the Alexander Gallery, at Clackamas College just outside of Portland, OR, and painting, drawing, etc.. We worked hard and had a lot of fun. I finished about 12 pieces. My students will recognize some of them as charcoal gesso demo things. Of course these don't have the level of intensity usually seen in my work but are refreshing in other ways. It was a challenge to see how fast we could work and yet keep a level of quality. We started slow but built steam and ended with more than enough to cover the walls. I'd do this again in a heartbeat with the right partner. Dave and his school were great!



The pieces are all some mix of acrylics, charcoal, and/or ink. The works on cardboard are between approx. 18x24 and 30x40 inches while the others are all in the 11x15 inch range.

Snack


Pig's Eye


Red Wall


TreeBird


There's a Fuckin' Hare in My Pants


Ninth Life


What the Hell was That?


Ever Have that Dream?


e.


The Certitude of Flight


Adventure


This was the student project. Enlarging a collage by reproducing sections 1" x 1" up to 12" x 12". it was pretty impressive on the wall.

and finally badass me and Dave


6 comments:

cody evans said...

Pretty damn cool Bill, nice work.
Looks like you had fun.

The Rat Retreat said...

This is unbelievable--all these gorgeous pieces in such a short time. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. So glad he didn't come to class today with the "hare" though! The birds and pig were so juicy. Why won't my gesso and charcoal do that?

peet said...

Great you can always paint!! It seems you never suffer having a painters-block. Really great work. It looks so easy as if it takes no effort. I would I could do it. Bye Peet.

Meredith Fern said...

I adore "Adventure". I have a snail fetish.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that the photos worked out well enough to post.

Kent

bill said...

they were great Kent, thanks again. this was great fun, thanks all!