Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Blasting From the Past

While there is a little lull I'm sure everyone wants to see old work. I have exactly five million old drawings and paintings stored so here is a start to showing them all. This first is an initial sketch, only about 3" tall, for the very first Super Turkey. I post this as a teaser for the new Super Turkey cover coming in a couple of weeks. His super secret identity is revealed. But don't tell anyone. Next are a couple of old paintings. One is Beetle Poopin' Pig. Seemed to be a favorite and is currently hanging over my piano. The next is on a piece of clay glazed with something called synaptic sludge developed by an ex student. Maurice is a good friend who is the shop guy in the art department of Cardinal Stritch University where I used to teach. It is a good example of why I don't do portraits. Not to mention that I hate doing portraits. And finally a curious little painting done for a couple who had a baby. The Super Turkey sketch is the most recent and that was at least 8 years ago.




No comments: